30 March 2010
- Go visit Lisa's shop, then come back and leave a comment about your favorite piece!
- For an additional entry, follow Lisa on Twitter, and leave a comment indicating that you do. (You can just say, "I follow Lisa on Twitter!" and be sure to include your Twitter username.)
Labels: Things that tickle my fancy
26 March 2010
22 March 2010
21 March 2010
I love how the sock thingy is sort of see through - it's like you can imagine how she was all curled up in my tummy.
Labels: Claire Wise Photography
19 March 2010
17 March 2010
15 March 2010
Starting to get a little nostalgic today about being pregnant, so I thought I'd put together a quick list:
- Auto-feedings via that lovely umbilical cord. Even in the middle of the night, Hazel is fed while I sleep!
- Although I look forward to hearing that sweet cry for the first time, right now I can enjoy these last few days of quiet. Everyone here is reasonable and consolable (well, for the most part - Ryan might tell you differently, I do have my low moments...)
- Among the best doggone feelings in the whole world is the feeling of your baby moving inside of you. It's wonderful. And, when it's over, it's one of the things I miss the most about pregnancy.
- I always have a handy platform to set my cup or cereal bowl. I even enjoyed a hands-free milkshake the other day courtesy of my great big tum. That is, until Hazel decided it was cramping her style and kicked it off. It's even a great place to set your razor while you're in the shower!
- I can work in my sewing room pretty freely now, with Oliver happily playing knights or working puzzles on the floor. I guess just the general freedom of being the parent of an independent, potty-trained 3-year-old is nice. Once a new baby joins us, the dynamic will be much different.
- You never have to worry about getting a seat while waiting to eat at a restaurant or if the church service is full. Folks take one look at you and give you their seat with a grin (or is that a look of pity? Hard to tell...)
- The dreaming and all the possibilities. I know that sounds sort of cheesy, but a new baby on the way is such a fun time for imagining!
- When sleep can be accomplished (and it can't always...), it's yours for the taking. There's no one waking me up or needing me right now.
- Picking out names (Ry's favorite!)
- The look of panic on peoples' faces when they ask you when you're due and you say, "Yesterday".
14 March 2010
For those of you who do not follow me on Twitter (you can read my Twitter feed on my sidebar if you don't have a Twitter account), I am just writing a quick update to let y'all know that I am indeed still great with child. (And a pretty great child, if I do say so myself!)