08 April 2008

(These first seven blog posts were originally letters, written and emailed to our friends and family. I am including them here because they are a big part of telling our story.)

Dear Friends,
God is good. His timing is perfect and His ways are perfect. We are trusting in Him.

After one last strong kick yesterday afternoon we had a long night of stillness from our little Evie. Ryan and I went to the midwife's office this morning for them to check on her and as the monitor was placed on my tummy, a still silence was all we heard. Our Evie has been freed from this world.

We are now in labor and delivery at Vanderbilt where labor is being induced and we expect that we will meet Evie's earthly body sometime tomorrow morning. It will be a long night for us and those that are here with us.

It has been a strange thing to mourn so deeply and grieve so painfully the impending loss of our sweet daughter. It isinteresting, though, that we have not found ourselves grieving for her, only for ourselves and those who will also feel this loss. Today we do not need to mourn for Evie or anything that she will not have or experience. To die is gain. Nothing Ryan or I could offer her would ever compare to eternity with Jesus in heaven. We mourn for ourselves, we celebrate for our Evie.

Pray for us now as we look ahead to a long, painful night both physically and emotionally. God is already blanketing us with a peace that passes understanding, and with the comforting relief of knowing that Evie's work here on earth iscomplete.

As we watched her still figure on the ultrasound machine this morning we were able to echo Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 15, "O, death, where is your victory? O, death, where is your sting?" We do grieve, but not as those who have no hope. While we were not able to defeat death for our Evie Grace, there is One who already has.

Thanks be to God.

All our love,
Ryan, Raechel & Oliver

1 comments:

Misty Rice said...

Iv been spending time reading your blog from the beginning tonight and I just wanted you to know that I think your letters are beautiful, your love for God is so rich and I am proud to call you my sister in Christ.

Im sorry for the April stuff.... please know that I do believe you and I think you have a beautiful family.

I have been close in heart to Angie for her blog was brought to my attention for our girls had the same due date. But Audrey came a week before my Morgan. I remember crying while I read about Audrey, while holding and feeling my little one kick in my belly. So sad and yet grateful for my own blessing.

You have a beautiful family and I look forward to reading more from you.

Please know that you are in my prayers and your heart is pure, and I am sorry you were taken advantage. If you happen to stop by my blog, please know that I wrote with what I had to go by, and not knowing you. However, I trust Jennifer and Angie and now YOU.

God Bless.