25 November 2009

Alternately titled: unloading my camera and avoiding having anything real to say.

Truth is, I do have things to say. And the real truth is that I'm just not ready to talk about some of those things yet, so I'm avoiding writing much of anything right now.

Being pregnant after losing a baby is brand new territory for me. Grieving and rejoicing simultaneously is exhausting and confusing and still somehow very beautiful and redeeming. I have a million thoughts, a million emotions, a million moments to tell you about. But I just need some more time before I can really talk about them here. I really want to and I plan to. So when I'm ready to I will.

Until then, here's another post buying me time until I write about what's really on my mind. :)


What we've been up to this fall:

Welcoming and photographing a friend's new baby boy

Oh, and remember this photo from last fall taken by our very talented photographer friend Claire Wise?

Well, Ry took this shot a few weeks ago and it's so funny to see how much this boy has grown in a year. (The photo is SO far from Claire Wise quality, but it's fun to see!)

I'm all but finished with this lovely quilt now! (I finished the handstitching on the binding the other night and then noticed one place that I'll need to go back over. Other than that, it's complete and it looks AWESOME!) I love it more every time I see it!

We've been painting a bedroom getting it ready to accommodate two instead of one. (And by "we've" I mean Ryan has... thanks, honey!)

We've been enjoying the last good swings on the swing set before the cold weather hits.
(If it ever does!)


Playing in the leaves

and enjoying house guests at the breakfast table!

We've been making tasty recipes and not letting any honey go to waste :)

We've been getting the yard ready for winter,
and enjoying all the fun things that come along with being 3!
And that is what we've been up to!

And now for a nice rest before the big Thanksgiving feast tomorrow!
Have a lovely, restful, worshipful Thanksgiving tomorrow, friends!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for the update! Praying things are going smoothly for you and Hazel! Have a wonderful day tomorrow and enjoy some downtime tonight! Love, hgs and blessings from Kansas!

Melanie Eccles said...

you are in my prayers.

Tracy said...

While I realize that our grieving is not the same, I just wanted you to know that I think its a normal thing to have conflicting emotions while pregnant after significant loss. I know that as I get closer to delivering this little man, my heart hurts even more for those babies that I will never get to hold. Its a strange line to walk between: being excited about this babe's arrival, and yet still grieving our other children's loss of life.

Anyway, I hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving! Much love!
T

cara said...

your quilt is beautiful!! i love anna maria horner fabrics; i used her chocolate lollipop fabrics on a quilt i made that is now in my girls' room...her colors and patterns are wonderful. quilting is one of my favorite things to do, i love seeing it all come together, and it's usually relaxing for me, as long as the machine isn't acting up, lol. my favorite thing is really just buying the fabrics ;)

the blue you're painting is lovely, too! we're painting our kids' playroom, and it looks similar; my kid's bedrooms are different shades of blue anyway. the playroom (not even close to being done) is like a robin's egg, tiffany blue

and congratulations on your baby girl! i'd read your story with evie months ago, and my heart breaks for you...i am a cb educator, and this year alone, i've worked with several couples whom have lost their sweet babies. one lived for 90 minutes, and that was amazing. i don't know, it's just been a really hard year. hazel is a beautiful name, i actually know of 2 people who named their little girls hazel this year :) one calls her hazy sometimes; i think that's cute.

so, i don't know you, but like i said, i had read your blog some time ago, and came across it again since i actually had some down time (i've got 4 kids, 7, 5, 3 & 1, but the younger 2 are napping-lucky!- and the older 2 are at playdates...i should be doing something more productive, but whatever!)...take care and merry christmas!

Sprittibee said...

Just wanted you to know that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog today between all the busy things I've been doing around here. ;) Catch me on twitter! @sprittibee