So, what do you do when you haven't blogged in several days and have too many things to package into one, tidy, focused post? Well, I suppose some folks would either write several posts or just choose not to write about some things and not others. I guess that would make good sense.
Well, I'm not going to do that. Instead, I'm going to unload my camera and compose for you all an incredibly long-winded post that leaves you in a weary stupor.
That's what I'm going to do.
In list form.
Here we go.
1. First, I just have to record this time in our lives. The time when I come across little arrangements of toys (or in this case, a dinosaur parade) because my sweet little guy loves his toys and does a great job of playing on his own. He loves to imagine and I love that about him.
2. I am that crazy sewing lady right now. Especially at 2am when I can't sleep. I made this dress the other night on just such an occasion. Ry was already asleep and I knew I'd just lay there for hours so I went up to the sewing room, made a dress and came back down and slept like a baby. I'm sure it's a nesting thing. I do realize that Hazel probably doesn't need any more little dresses - but making them for her is my way of feeling more prepared for her, I guess.
3. Ry suggested that we set up a changing table in our bedroom and I love him for it. The kids' room is upstairs and ours is downstairs. Hazel will be rooming in with us for several months and it just makes perfect sense to have a little station set up for her in our room. I used some cozy flannel to make a cover for her changing pad and some leftover scraps to make a little bird in a frame to hang on the wall.
5. Ryan's parents came to visit this weekend from Michigan and we had a really lovely time. They took care of us so much that I didn't have to cook a single meal (save waffles on Sunday morning, which Ryan helped with) for them. They even left the guest room all tidy and wonderful.
Somehow we got through the weekend without a photo of Groovy, but here's Oliver with his Granddad.
6. We took them to Sweet CeCe's downtown and had some fantastic frozen yogurt! I also enjoyed acquainting myself with the 50mm prime lens that Claire lent me while mine is recovering from it's fall last week. (Have I mentioned that pregnancy makes me rather clumsy?)
(I love this guy.)
7. My sister made matching outfits for Beatrice and her new birthday Bamboletta doll (Clementine). I'm only sharing this because I adore this girl and because my sister is such a good Mama.
8. I disappeared into the sewing room last night and came out several hours later with a big stack of these: I've got more (including some more boy patterns) nearly complete but need to make a run to the fabric store for snaps and such before I can call them "done". All the bibs shown here are (at least as I type) available for purchase in my Etsy shop. If you don't see exactly what you want, feel free to speak up and tell me what you're looking for!
Okay, that's all. Are y'all weary yet? I am.
I have an appointment with my midwife in the morning. Can you believe I'm 35 1/2 weeks!? (Yes, I'm counting half weeks now!) I'm looking forward to it. It seriously never gets old to hear a medical professional tell me that everything looks good/normal/healthy. Sometimes I just like to call my midwife to hear her say it.