**Note: To be clear and fair - yes, they are technically different onesies. It never occurred to me to photograph the original onesie before I dyed it because I had no idea I'd be blogging about it later. Instead, I photographed a similar onesie for visual purposes. I do apologize for not being more clear about that. But, I assure you that I did dye and applique the finished onesie myself. :) Y'all have keen eyes!
**disclaimer - these photos were taken with my camera phone, so I apologize for their poor-ish quality. I just knew that if I didn't take the pictures now, I'd never get around to it and this is totally worth sharing!
On to the onesie:
So, back in October when we found out we were having a girl I dug out all of Oliver's white and light blue clothes and burp cloths and gave them a good long bath in some RIT dye. (So far I've only used the fuschia and green and I love them both!) The clothes dyed beautifully and I was able to repurpose a ton of boy stuff for our little girl!
So this morning, I completed the transformation of one onesie from this:
(Oh, yeah, that's even fuzzier than I thought. Really sorry!)
With this on the bottom:
That plain white onesie was sad and honestly a bit stained. The pink dye took care of that, then just applique on a little "h" and stitch some ruffles on the bum from scrap fabric and voila! An adorable, girly, personalized top for a little girl that took less than 30 minutes (minus the dying, of course). Now we can just pair it with a cute pair of baby legs and she's all set to go!
(Oh, and not that I'm counting, but 65 days to go!!!)