27 April 2010
Happy 6 weeks, baby girl. We adore you!
At six weeks you are:
- sleeping better and better! You usually sleep one 5-hour stretch, eat very quickly (about 12-15 minutes), then go right back to sleep for another 3-4 hours. Daddy usually plays with you in the morning after that so Mama can catch a bit more rest before the day begins.
- a champion eater! This morning our home scale said you weighed 11.4 pounds! You have rolls everywhere, eat very quickly, and are almost completely out of your 0-3 month clothes. We're so grateful for such a healthy girl!
- not a big crier. At night you never cry (you just let me know you're awake by grunting and squealing) and when you fuss during the daytime you're pretty easy to figure out. You usually either want to eat, sleep, burp, have a fresh diaper, or cuddle. No problem - we can do any of those things for you!
- smiling at us a lot! You've been consistently giving us good, reactive smiles since about 5 weeks old (before that is was very sporadic). Now we can count on getting lots of smiles during your happy awake time and it's such a fantastic payoff!
- baptized! (But we'll talk about and share photos of that in a bit...) :)
- fitting in to the family quite well! When we asked Oliver this week how long he wanted to keep you he said "forever!" and we feel the same way! While big brother has had some trouble adjusting with Mommy and Daddy, he's just completely smitten by you and wants to hold you and help with you any chance he gets. You are adored!
Man, I still can't get over seeing photos of me with my baby girl.
It's so neat to see myself as a mother with a daughter- it just doesn't get old!