10 February 2011

Photobucket

I have been eating up Anna Maria Horner's newest fabric line, Innocent Crush. So vintage-y and soft! And since summer clothes are so much more fun to make than winter clothes (again, it's me willing Spring to come - which is a current FAIL since we just got several inches of snow again yesterday...) I've been working ahead on some of Hazel's summer wardrobe.

You know, because her summer wardrobe is critical and everything.

I made this little outfit using the Snappy Toddler Dress tutorial from Prudent Baby. I changed the neckline/straps and shirred the top instead of gathering it, but having a basic pattern to guide me is always helpful.

Photobucket

The bloomers are just my pattern. Hm... how about a bloomers tutorial? The kind without ruffles which is much easier and MUCH MUCH faster. I think I could make that happen...

In the meantime, Hazel's toes.

Photobucket

And, if you really are a sucker for the full-out, ruffle-bottom bloomers, I made an Innocent Crush pair of these too. For one of my Etsy clients. It is so hard sometimes to make something lovely and then have to say goodbye to it. At least I know it's going to a good home... :)

Photobucket

How about that fabric though? Delish!

Photobucket

Note to self: get a decent child's hanger for photographing. Yuck.

Now back to that pretty fabric.

Photobucket

That's all.

We're snowed in here today. I want to go to the paint store but Ryan says I need to wait until this afternoon at least so they can get a chance to clear the roads. This time: black paint. Any guesses which room is going to be painted black? Any suspicions that I've finally and officially lost my mind?

Happy Thursday, friends!

23 comments:

Erin said...

i need to get some of your bloomers.. way to stinken cute!

Emily said...

Love the dress! And I would LOVE for you to do a bloomers tutorial!!

Ashley Beth said...

Precious! Anna Maria Horner fabrics are some of my favorites {along with Amy Butler, of course!}. I'm about 30 minutes away from completing a lovely ragtime quilt made with some great Anna Maria Horner fabrics. I love seeing how others make fun things with such bright, gorgeous fabric. You always make me swoon with your newest creations!

Kristen516 said...

First off Hazel is so cute! Secondly, I honestly wish I had the confidence to make cute things for my girls! Love the fabric!

Katy said...

oh my goodness Hazel and Bea look so much alike!!!
the dress is precious!

Liz Elvir said...

i would love to know what color paint that is.... is it a dark pink? I will so be redoing my daughters room and this is a better shade of pink for a 9 year old than a light pink! if you have the paint info I would love it if you can email it to me....
liz@princessofpaper(dot)com

Shanna said...

OMG! That outfit is so adorable! Of course so is the little lady! Would you be willing to make one for my little Ashlynn? I haven't been able to try the bloomers yet, it has just been too cold. But I'm hoping to this weekend. We are going to have spring like weather, and I'm so ready for it!

Jessica said...

so adorable. I need to get sewing for my baby girl that's coming soon!

EveryChapter said...

Be still my heart! Between the pink wall, the adorable dress, the fabric (oh the fabric!), and your gorgeous bald model I'm smitten! We're in 70 degree weather here (san Diego) so yes please!! to the bloomer tute.

Ashley said...

LOVE! I finally just got my hands on some Good Folks. I'm a bit behind! I can't wait to see which room is being painted black!

The anxious mother said...

Love the paint, the dress, and little Hazel! (Mostly her!) Also, have you ever done a pair of ruffle pants? I really would love some for Regan!

xoxo,
Rachel

nic said...

very cute! i love making summer things too, but i suspect this has much to do with my loathing for setting in sleeves. :)

Anonymous said...

She is so cute and that is the CUTEST outfit ever! Too bad my girl has out grown cute dresses like this.

Jill

Raechel said...

Shanna - convo me! :)

Anonymous said...

Super cute dress!! How did you do the shirring? It looks just like smocking, and it's just beautiful!

djrogness said...

This dress is adorable!! I would love for you to do a tutorial on the dress and the bloomers! SO cute!

Tracy said...

Love that fabric!

Hmm, are you doing a black wall in the sewing room? Or did you paint that all pink? Maybe the playroom/office? But, it seems like you just painted that, too.

Anonymous said...

Seriously adorable, i wish i had some mad sewing skills...im a bit jelous :)

keight dukes said...

must go buy right now. you know, not for any specific reason or future weekend date. just for.

Sdlgillikin said...

What an adorable dress, and those bloomers, oh so cute! I am curious how you did the smocking too, does your machine do that?! Mine only does straight and zig zag... :(

kaydubya said...

You are insanely talented! I wish I had your sewing skills!

TDM Wendy said...

A blogger friend sent me the link to your blog. Said she found you and then though of me and my family. It is definitely not from the "I found this fabric and whipped this number up" kinda of thing. I am missing the craft gene. But we both have babes in heaven. Our firstborn baby Faith had Trisomy 13 and ditched us for heaven when she was 4 days old.
Blessings to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Please post a tutorial on your ruffle bloomers!!! Thank you!!