08 February 2011

While Oliver and I were at the grocery store this morning I found these lovely flowers in the "Manager's Special" section of the floral department for $1.99.

Spring for $1.99??? Sold!

Photobucket

After we unloaded the groceries at home (Oliver seriously LOVES this part of the week - he gets all chipper and helpful and I love it), I carefully pulled them out of their plastic pot and coaxed them into this lovely birch paper pot by Bragging Bags. (I won a pair of them in a giveaway hosted by my friend Ivy back in October and I think they're just the cutest things!)

Anyway, it just makes it feel a little more like spring on this 33-degree day. Won't be long now... right??

ps - speaking of groceries and Spring - we're grilling burgers for my Supper Swap group tonight. My desperation for warm weather is in full effect.

pps- can anyone please tell me what these pretty potted flowers are called?

ppps - Is a "ppps" even a real thing? I have been getting some great requests for future tutorials from y'all in the comments from my earlier post. Keep them coming! I'll put together a list and see what I can do!

13 comments:

The Life of Susan said...

hmmm... it looks like a hyacinth to me

Camie said...

Yep, tis hyacinth, indeed!

Ashley said...

I love hyacinths! The pink is gorgeous. A few weeks ago, I was so excited to find paperwhite bulbs in the "manager's special" section of my grocery store for $2 for 5 bulbs! They definitely help me feel a little more springy while it storms outside my window!

Erin said...

So pretty.. I also love the color you have in the room.. Love it :)

Maybe you can give me some tips when I redo my girls rooms!!

Also love those flowers and what a great deal :)

Sarah-Anne said...

i wish i could see the glass as half full, but with a potential for snow tomorrow night, it's not happening. although...those flowers are helping cheer me up! thanks, racheal! :D
Sarah-Anne

Nicole said...

was going to say hyacinth ... but i got beat to the punch! ;) can you will spring to come over my way too, please?!?

Sara said...

The best thing about hyacinths is that if you plant the bulbs in your yard this spring, they will come back every year, in very early spring. So Pretty :)

Christine said...

Dude. Hyacinth. But everyone beat me to it, so you know. Have fun with bulbs!

I am the lady who buys the sad clearance plants at Lowe's, nurses them to health, and then has too many in the home (21 at last count...maybe more) to, you know, like walk through comfortably without tripping over them. BUT. They truly speak spring to me. And with 2 feet of snow on the ground, I'll take anything I can get.

cophing...which sounds dirty, somehow.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely flowers and they just 'pop' next to your freshly painted wall, Raechel! I think they're grape hyacinths (the type, not the color), but I'm not 100% sure. I think we've reached a concensus that they are definitely hyacinths, though. :)

Anonymous said...

This is off the spring subject...but what kind of serger did you buy? I am interested in one but have not a clue where to start. Thank you for your time.

Alyssa said...

Mmmmm! Hyacinths smell divine! We have some in our garden and I love walking out there in the spring to smell them! I'm in full-time spring fever mode, too. It's supposed to be 50 this weekend and I'm about to burst! A far cry from 9 degrees today!

Amy said...

Those Hyacinths are so pretty and smell so good. I love them...could cover my house in them in the Spring...Maybe that is what I will plant in my yard this year. We got 15 inches of snow last night...so besides enjoying a snow day...I am too willing spring to arrive. I can't wait for stroller strolls and bike riding and capris with flip flops and cardigans. Come on Spring!

Emily said...

Hyacinths... and they are my absolute favorite flower. Plant them in your garden and they will multiply like crazy!!!!!