21 March 2010

Our dear Claire came over Saturday afternoon and spent hours with us photographing our newest addition. I couldn't believe all the great ideas and props (and lenses!!) she had all ready to photograph our girl.

She's been working on editing all weekend (I can't believe how quickly that girl gets things done!) and has been sending us little bits as she goes. (Getting little peeks helps with the waiting for sure!)

As I was getting ready for bed tonight I saw that I had a new message in my email and to my great delight it was a message from Claire. Look what she sent me:

I love how the sock thingy is sort of see through - it's like you can imagine how she was all curled up in my tummy.

Oh, and can we talk about that yawn?! Yes please.

Claire posted another photo on her blog. I'm in love with it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to run out of frames and wall space by the time it's all said and done!

---------

Apart from photos, we're all doing well adjusting to live as a family of four. We had the unspeakable privilege of introducing our daughter to her covenant family at church this morning. It was a moment I'll never forget and look forward to telling Hazel about when she's older. I am so grateful that our daughter is surrounded by people who love her and pray for her and are committed to bringing her up to love her Jesus. We are blessed beyond measure!

15 comments:

Erin said...

I cant wait to see more! I wish I could have someone like her come in my house so I could learn some new techniques and ideas!!

natali said...

That see through sock thingie is SO adorable!! And so is the yawn!!

Rebecca said...

I love you, Claire! What wonderful work you do! And what a dear friend.

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl! She is adorable.

Christine said...

Claire obviously does great work! I can't wait to see more. LOVE the yawn. So precious.

Misty Rice said...

So darn precious (and squishy).... I love the sock thing too. What fun.

Chantelle said...

She is just so amazing. I pray that God will bless me with another baby too. I know God has perfect timing for all things. I sometimes get moments of panic that I will never get to hold a newborn again...but I trust in my God. He knows. In the meantime, I am truly enjoying looking at Hazel.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That picture is amazing! I can't wait to see more.

Molly said...

Oh wow, that is about the cutest thing ever!

Any chance you'll be sharing your birth story? :-)

Allisonjd said...

oh my GOSH! that picture of her yawning in the sock sack thing, SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

So sweet! And wow, your photographer is amazing! What talent.

Jen said...

What a blessing! That picture is amazing!

Claire Wise Photography said...

Aww thank you everyone:)

I am just honored to be able to give you the gift of these photos and so beyond happy to see your family grow.

Rebecca - love you too! You are a fantastic sister.

Nicole said...

The sock thingy is awesome!~ The photos I'm sure are to die for ! Bless you all!

jennie said...

That picture is just flat out amazingly beautiful. I LOVE it! So happy for all of you :)