01 August 2010

We've prayed and hoped and cried and encouraged and planned with the Faires family for two whole years in anticipation of these boys. We've been encouraged and inspired by their vision, shared their joy with each referral and shared their disappointment with each setback.


Photobucket

Last night all of the hoping and planning and trusting came to a glorious culmination as Rebecca and Caleb turned the corner at the airport terminal, each with a beautiful boy in a sling on their hip, and introduced a community of friends and family to their sons, our precious nephews, Moses and Augustine.

Oh, what a moment. Thanks be to God!

I'd share photos with you from the celebration, except that my dear friend Claire encouraged me to leave my camera at home and breathe in the moment in a way that you just can't do while you're snapping away. Sage advice. That moment needed to be breathed in. Deeply. Thank you, Claire.

Good thing Miss Claire knows her way around a camera :) AND, good thing that girl was at the airport with us last night with one camera in her hands and another on her shoulder. Worry not - the moment was recorded well! Better than I ever could have captured it. Again, thanks you, Claire!

We got the Faireses home last night and they tucked their two sweet babies into the cribs that have been waiting for them for over a year. You can imagine how fantastically surreal it felt to have both boys home - especially since they left for Africa only expecting to bring home Augustine.
Photobucket
That's Moses (16 months) on the left and Augustine (14 months) on the right.

Today, we helped them settle in. My Mama made food and we all just sat around and watched ALL of the children play. There are so many of them all of a sudden!

Photobucket

The boys are doing much better physically. They were able to see a doctor this morning and all four of those sweet little ears had infections. Poor guys. But, now they have medicine and will be feeling better soon we hope.

Photobucket

Oh yes, and Hazel was there too. In full Hazel effect. Isn't my Mama lovely?

Photobucket

And here I am with Mr. Moses. I can't tell you how surreal it is. Oh, God is good!

Photobucket

We are so thankful!
Happy Sabbath, friends!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

This makes my heart so happy! Beautiful boys(girls, too)! :)

Erin said...

I am so glad they brought both home and I am so glad your family was there through it all. Those boys will be loved like they have never been loved. They are lucky to have a family like yours to love them!

BARBIE said...

I am so thankful. God is so good. I haven't followed the journey from the beginning, but have been so blessed from what I have been privileged to be a part of. So happy for all of you!

Becky said...

Yippee!!! How wonderful...they are home where they belong!:) They look like they're jumping right in and adjusting well too!:) Thank you for sharing these photos...they are amazing!:)

Unknown said...

You have your mama's beautiful smile, Raechel! Welcome home, Moses & Augustine!

Leigh said...

This is so beautiful! Makes my heart sing to see two little handsome boys home from Ethiopia!

Susan said...

Unbelievable and so exciting! Please pass my congratulations on to Rebecca--I've thought of them so often in the past couple years since you first shared their adoption plans, and I'm so happy to see it all finally *happening.*

chesley said...

i've been following this journey & this is just so touching!! i'm so happy for all of you. GOD is so GOOD!!

Melissa said...

They are both equally yummy! I bet you are all so in love!!! What a blessing! :)

Ellie said...

You and your mama look so alike! What beautiful boys, and how blessed you all are! I'm so happy for each of you!

Mrs. H said...

oh thank you for the wonderful update! oh those boys are gorgeous! and so blessed to be with such a beautiful family!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm so happy to hear this! Beautiful boys!

admin said...

oh they are just so adorable - praise God XO

Chelsa said...

oh this made me smile!! beautiful!! the boys are adorable! i'm so glad your family is soaking in this sweet (but i'm sure surreal) time together!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your whole family, Raechel!

NathanaelAndHeather said...

Precious! Glory to God.

Laura D said...

Praise God! He is good! I am so so happy for your family. Those boys are precious and lucky to have such a wonderful family to come home to. I can't wait to see more photos of them as they become comfortable in their new role as brothers.

Kameron said...

That is amazing. How wonderful to get both boys home at the same time. It will probably be so much easier for them to adjust to their new environment together!