04 March 2009
The Sort of House Rules You Have to Establish
When You Are Living With A
- Don't chew on the kitchen cabinets.
- Don’t write on Scout’s face with markers.
- Don’t shove your pencils down the register.
- Don’t shove your pencils through the window screens.
- Don’t let Scout eat food out of your mouth.
- Don’t shove things (i.e. Mom's driver's license) into the computer disc drive.
- Don’t bite Dad's new leather chair.
- Don’t eat things you find in the garbage can.
- Don’t use markers (or pen) on the computer screen.
- Don’t greet our young guest by hitting them in the face when they come into our home.
- Don’t push anyone down the stairs.
- Don’t throw plates down the stairs.
- Don’t dip your toothbrush in potty in the potty chair and proceed to teach your younger cousin how to brush her teeth.
- Don’t swirl Daddy’s toothbrush in the toilet.
- Don’t pick your nose, wipe it on Daddy’s shirt, and not mention it to him until after he’s out of a social situation.
Yes, we're very rigid at our house, full of rules and restrictions! In spite of all these rules, though, we always manage to have a rip-roaring time.
What sort of rules have you had to establish since you've added
savages sweet bundles of joy to your home?