26 March 2011

This is my brand new, still-has-that-newborn-smell nephew, Rowan.

Photobucket

His gums look like newborn gums and his squeaks and cries are those unmistakable newborn sounds.

Photobucket

He was born on the 17th and his due date was today. Yes, today.

Photobucket

Those toes could still very well be in-utero. De-lish.

I still haven't dared hold him. My family has had the plague, after all. But I did stop by on Thursday once I had all my gross under control just to sneak a peek and keep a good camera's length between me and him.

Photobucket

Mmmm... he's everything.

Photobucket

I can't wait to see you again soon, sweet boy. Until then, rest well in your little bed.

Photobucket

{I made new bedding for him in the early hours of my sister's labor - waiting impatiently to be called upon to help. Turns out there was plenty of time since more than 48 hours passed between water breaking and me getting cord blood squirted all over my sweatshirt. A badge of honor, indeed!}

22 comments:

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Gorgeous! I'm enjoying my new St. Paddy's baby here right now! He is actually due tomorrow! :)

Becky said...

Scrumptious, indeed!;) He look sjust like his big sister, Bea!:) Congrats to all! Love, hugs and blessings!♥

Melissa Vines said...

He's precious! Congrats on becoming an Aunt again!

Lindsey said...

These are the first pictures I have seen of Rowan. He is beautiful! Can't wait to meet him!

SarahMerritt said...

he is do cute!And I see alot of his big sister! Get better so you can go snuggle him!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Ok, this has me wanting another little. He is SO SWEET!

Christine said...

He looks JUST like Caleb. Whoa.

Yay! He's just wonderful!

Sarah Robbins said...

He is wonderful! The crib bedding turned out great, too!

Nicole said...

So adorable!

Melanie said...

Yay! I've been waiting eagerly for pictures--he is truly scrumptious. Many congratulations to the Faires family!

Tracy said...

hmmmmmm... so yummy!

stephanie joy said...

oh... sweet newborn!
i am obsessed with newborns.
this is kinda giving me a bit of baby fever!
what a cute boy!

Kristen Lea said...

I agree with Christine! Caleb Jr. :) I can't wait to snuggle the little man. Just a few more weeks...

BARBIE said...

He's so precious. I love new life. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

He gives me baby fever...what a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! He is adorable. Gave me baby fever as well.

Ashley said...

He is gorgeous! He looks just like his sister!

Charlene Austin said...

Raechel...oh my word! I cannot believe how cute he is! I don't have kids but that little guy makes me wish I did!! Seriously sweet!

Aaron said...

Thanks for posting these adorable pics, Raechel! My, he looks like Bea! So happy for everyone!

Krista said...

He is so sweet. You made that bassinet bedding? It is so cute!

Sdlgillikin said...

i just had my second on the 17th too! her due date was today! Rowan (love that name) is a cutie and i like the quilt you made. that polka dot fabric is great

Abby in MS said...

Congratulations on your new nephew and to your sister & family. He is absolutely beautiful. I love the picture that shows his sweet little eyes. Oh my! They grow so quickly so soak up all the sugar you can!!