Balloons in Things: Mailbox
20 minutes ago
List #1: Things My Dog Has Eaten
- We went out for lunch as a family today, and when we returned, we found an empty 40-flavor Jelly Belly box on the play room floor. I sure hope Oliver will still use his potty chair if we don't have any more "dommo beans".
- Along with the jelly beans, she also consumed one yellow crayon (I'll note here that she did have the good sense not to eat the wrapper.)
- In her lifetime (that we know of), Scout has successfully swiped -and swallowed in one gulp - a total of 3 full sticks of butter from the dinner table.
- She has also snatched meat from the grill on countless occasions, including - though not limited to - 8 raw hamburger patties, several cooked pork chops, and hot dogs of varying temperatures.
- Once she ate my mother-in-law's lipstick out of her purse, without actually getting any on her lips.
- Strangely enough, she was also tempted by a sealed bottle of prenatal vitamins I had several years ago. I came home from work one evening to find the bottle open and empty, and Scout, with little pink pills stuck all over her face and body. (You see, when Scout is really enjoying something, she likes to roll on her back on top of it. We think she must have licked the pills, then rolled on them, then forgotten about them.) That time I called the vet and actually had to force feed her teaspoonfuls of hydrogen peroxide every 5 minutes until she "coughed" them all up.