12 October 2010

If a picture is worth a thousand words, this is the wordiest post I will ever write. Not because of the volume of images I have to share, but because of everything they say when you see them.


Each photo could have a caption: "Meeting Big Sister", "Papa, praying for his family" and "Auntie's so happy to see you that she's making her ugly face".

But I really think that there is one caption that will embrace the sentiment of every picture you will see:

"Boys, You Are Loved."

Please enjoy these photos of my nephews Moses and Augustine as they are welcomed home.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And, although these words do not seem nearly sufficient, we want to say "thank you" to Claire Wise for the amazing photography of this weighty moment in our lives (as always). Claire, we don't know how to have a life-changing moment without you! Not just because of your remarkable talent, but because your love and generosity for even strangers repeatedly points us to Christ. Thank you for loving us.

15 comments:

whippetmom said...

Wow. These totally made me cry! And I don't think it's the pregnancy hormones this time! What a beautiful welcoming for those sweet boys!!

DeborahRobson said...

God is good always!
These are wonderful photos.

Anonymous said...

beautiful. so beautiful.

SarahMerritt said...

Raechel,
Next time post a warning we need tissues! I cried looking through these pictures knowing your sister and brother in law just gave those little boys an amazing new life. Adoption is such a beautiful thing. Bless them and your family for deciding adpotion was right for them! (I know some of the tears are pregnancy hormones but those pictures of a family being made are amazing!)
Sarah

BARBIE said...

What beautiful moments!

Laura said...

Goosebumps & tears. Beautiful.

Claire Wise Photography said...

I enjoyed looking at these again & it made me tear up (again).

It makes me happy to be able to share & I was really wanting you to be able to savor that beautiful moment with Rebecca.

Molly @ Me and Madeline said...

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing these special moments with us! Claire did a great job!

Mrs. H said...

Oh how beautiful! I could totally feel the emotions going on that day! Thanks for sharing these! Very very precious!

Melanie said...

Wow. Beautiful. Just so thankful for God's blessing on Caleb, Rebecca and your whole family!

Mr. Nordmann said...

Amazing photos. You are so fortunate to have those perfect moments captured forever.

Erin said...

ok I lost it!!! My eyes are filled with tears. These are stunning photos. She captures that day so well I kind of felt like I was there watching them turn the corner!! So glad you have these photos to look back on!

Natalie Whisler said...

Amazing. Just beautiful and amazing.

Carrie said...

Thanks for the good cry. so loving. how are they doing now? it would be great to hear an update on how they are adjusting! thanks for sharing!

admin said...

goosebumps all over!! wow pure joy & love.