01 October 2010

Photobucket

I've been busy at work in the sewing room this past week, buzzing away at the sewing machine, fresh cut fabrics flying everywhere and my inevitably dark-colored clothing perpetually spattered with chenille fuzz. A lovely way to spend preschool mornings!

The result?
Photobucket

A fresh batch of bibs and burp cloths for fall. Well, there are some fall colors, but I gotta say, I'm a sucker for bright colors. Besides, babies don't wear bibs seasonally anyway, right?
Photobucket
I have added a new option to my shop this week as well. While I try to keep stocked with plenty of ready-to-ship items, things sometimes fly off the digital racks faster than I can keep up. So now, if you don't see the specific bib or burp cloth you like currently listed (hunting through the "sold items" in Etsy shops is a favorite pastime of mine), you can purchase a "pick your fabric" listing and get things just how you like them. I'm hoping this will be a very handy option!

Photobucket

I almost always keep one of these burp cloths on hand when we're out (which turns out to be a lovely -and handy!- splash of color in my bag) but you can also mix and match sets of these to become adorable pass-these-around-'cause-they're-so-doggone-cute baby shower gifts.

Photobucket

You can click on my shop banner below or in the sidebar to your right to take a look around.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Aaaaaand thus concludes my shameless self-promotion.

What do you think? Should I give one away?
Let's say the first person to guess my favorite movie wins one!
(and if no one guesses it today, I'll tweet a clue.)

The weekend is here, friends.
Enjoy the fall air and go pick some pumpkins!!

**Okay, update.**
Y'all definitely need a clue. Yes, I ADORE Anne of Green Gables, but it's not my favorite. So, a hint that isn't too obvious... maybe a line from the movie...

Man 1: Been practicing this speech, haven't you?
Man 2: Little bit. Did I rush it? I feel like I rushed it.

I'll give you another clue in an hour if you don't guess it. :)
And NO googling - honor system! Y'all each get a maximum of 2 guesses.

**Nother Update**
We have a winner! Congrats to Kelleylouwho - Ocean's Eleven it is!
Actually, the whole Ocean's series is my favorite. Cracks me up. But the quote was from Ocean's Eleven. Here's the complete dialogue:

Rusty: Why do this?
Danny: Why not do it?
[
Rusty shakes his head]
Danny: Cause yesterday I walked out of the joint after losing four years of my life and you're cold-decking "Teen Beat" cover boys.
[
pause]
Danny: Cause the house always wins. Play long enough, you never change the stakes. The house takes you. Unless, when that perfect hand comes along, you bet and you bet big, then you take the house.
[
another pause]
Rusty: Been practicing this speech, haven't you?
Danny: Little bit. Did I rush it? Felt I rushed it.
Rusty: No, it was good, I liked it. The "Teen Beat" thing was harsh.

Kelley, email me and let me know what I can send you!

24 comments:

Christine said...

I love the bright colors! Keep 'em comin'! And the "pick your fabric" option is genius.

Hmm. Movie. I really don't know. Wild guess: Notting Hill. (Only because it's MY favorite. :)

honingr

Melissa said...

You are so talented Raechel! It is sooo inspiring!! I will guess the Secret Garden because I follow you on Tiwtter and you've tweeted about it a couple of times this week. :D Happy Friday!

Jenny said...

Anne of Green Gables? They are all adorable. You have such a good eye for beautiful fabrics!!

Chelsa said...

beautiful fabric!!

and we LOVE LOVE LOVE our bib/burp cloth that you made sweet Corbin!

umm i'm guessing "sound of music" :)

Janna said...

Gorgeous bibs - makes me wanna have another baby so I have an excuse to use them (ha! kidding - sorta...:)

Favorite movie? I'm guessing Sound of Music (cause it's mine)

Kelleylouwho said...

Okay, I was going to guess Secret Garden but someone else had. Then I guessed Anne of Green Gables, but by the time i posted it someone else already had! I better hurry! Ummmm.... How about You've got Mail.
NO idea! lol

keight dukes said...

okay your fabs are all so...well, you know, fab. fave movie, geez, probably something classic and wholesome and bright. beauty and the beast? my fair lady?

Kelleylouwho said...

OCEAN MOVIES!!!!

rachieannie said...

Oceans 13

Kelleylouwho said...

I just finished catching up on your blogging yesterday... and I think I read SOMEWHERE that the Ocean trilogy was your favorite.... I'm not sure if that quote is Oceans Eleven or Twelve... But I'm sure it's not Thirteen... LOL.
I'm going with Ocean's Eleven for an official answer!

Sass said...

It's totally oceans eleven!!

It's one of my husbands favourite movies of all time!!

I think, if I'm right...the next line is

"I liked it" or something??

Tara said...

LOVE the bright colored fabrics! Very cheery and cute.

Anonymous said...

Oceans 11. Dialogue between Brad Pitt and George Clooney at the beginning of the movie.

LOVE THOSE MOVIES!

Megan said...

Oceans 11!

NathanaelAndHeather said...

Is it Oceans 11?! I was thinking Hitch! Anyway, I LOVE the colors, and I will checking out your shop... : )

The Harris Family said...

is it oceans 11 or 12?

Sara said...

Love love LOVE your stuff Raechel. You're so talented with the sewing machine. My Mom was really good at sewing but me, not so much. I didn't inherit the sewing gene. It must skip a generation.

Kelleylouwho said...

Thanks Raechel! I'm so excited! I've sent you an email!!! :D

Anonymous said...

RUNAWAY BRIDE!!!! :)

In case I win my email is
sarah79esquivel@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Love all the colors! My guess is Father of the Bride!
Laurie

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

ahhh these are all so adorable. i can't wait to find out if i am having a boy or girl!

Erin said...

I love those bibs!!!! I am so excited to get mine or Avin :) So SO SO SO So excited. I can't wait to order some more for christmas for her stocking!!

BY THE WAY!!! ummm . . . do you make stockings ;)

Seagers said...

I want to know where you buy your fabric. Don't worry. I won't start an etsy shop...that is too ambitious for me. But I love some cute fabrics!

Angel said...

Thanks Aunt Kelly

~Grace Marie