01 January 2011

I first met baby Owen just a few short hours after his birth two weeks ago, so we're relatively new acquaintances.


Photobucket

Photobucket

But, I've known his Mama for nearly ten years now (can you believe that, Nell?) and have prayed for and anticipated this baby boy with her probably more than any baby I've known (short of my own children, of course).

Photobucket

Owen is welcomed by three older siblings and has one very precious, very missed big sister in Heaven, buried just steps from our Evie-girl.

Photobucket

We that love Owen and his family have been holding our breath in anticipation of the birth of this child and the opportunity to smell him and kiss him and get a load of his gorgeous strawberry hair.

Photobucket

What a miracle. To be loved by so many so immediately.

Photobucket

We are so glad you're here baby boy.

Photobucket

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
James 1:17

5 comments:

Erin said...

great great images!! :) Love them.. welcome to this world little man.

BARBIE said...

How beautiful he is! Thank you for sharing these stunning photos!

Rebecca said...

That boy looks like Beniah!

Sarah O said...

I love all the photos of this precious boy! And I was never so glad for a baby to arrive safe and sound. And the fact that you've known his momma for 10 years made me realize that I've known her for I think 17 years. And now I feel old.

keight dukes said...

how dare you! it is WAY to soon for me to be yearning for a fresh newborn. now you've done it! jesse is going to be MAD at you because i am not taking any chances.