30 June 2011

Boy did it feel good to see this familiar white crown of hair when we pulled into my in-laws driveway yesterday afternoon. I missed this kid waaaay more than I expected and I suspect it will be a while before I release him from this perma-mommy-snuggle I've got him in. Man is he a special kid.

Photobucket

Another benefit of visiting Ry's parents in Michigan is getting to visit his sister's girls who live there in town. Remember when baby Zara and Hazel first met (they're 2 weeks apart, but they didn't meet until they were 4 months old)? Now they're both 1 and toddling around G&G's house like the busy little bees that they are.
Photobucket
I'm not sure how present I'll be over the next couple of days, what with all the summering we have to do in this perfect Michigan weather.
Photobucket
Just know that we're having a lovely time,
Photobucket
and that Granddad & Groovy are beside themselves with the joy of having all of their grandkids all in one place!

Photobucket

Happy last day of June, friends!

13 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that your kids call their grandparents Granddad & Groovy. So much more creative that Nana & Papa.

Kristen Lea said...

Look at all those blue eyes! Chloe has sure grown up in just one year. She looks like a different kid in last year's pictures. I hope you enjoy your Michigan vacation. We had a good time with your little guy camping and here at our house. I really hope he has not started calling you "girl".

Chantelle said...

oh my goodness, that last picture is adorable!!!!

Ashley said...

So glad you are having fun. I've missed your posts these past few days!!!

Chelsa said...

Glad you're having so much fuN! I can only imagine how ecstatic you were to see Oliver again :)

Enjoy the rest of your trip! Stop in Indiana and see me on your way home to Tn :)

Sarah-Anne said...

LOVE <3 hope ya'll have F-U-N! :D

Kristie said...

Where in Michigan do they live? I have to say, summer in Michigan is like no other!!!

Anna said...

They have four gorgeous grandkids, that's for sure!

Emily said...

Please tell me that you got the cap to match Hazel's swimsuit? Too 1920's ca-uute!!!! They all have the most beautiful blue eyes!

Raechel said...

Emily - I wish! They didn't have her size in the store. I found it online but with shipping it was something like $24 and I just couldn't justify it. On Ebay they were selling in the $40's! Bummer.

Jessica said...

I hope you're enjoying your Michigan vacation. Just glad our state could offer you some beautiful weather for your trip!

Cannot believe how big Oliver & Hazel are getting. I love, love, love Hazel's swimsuit!!

Melanie Eccles said...

such fun! such great pictures!

And so glad MI weather is cooperating for you! Summer is normally scorching and HUMID. blech. This is a beautiful week for us. :D

Amy said...

I lived in MI right on Lake Huron for almost my entire life....love it in the summer except for the humidity! Glad ya'll are having fun!! ;)