24 August 2011

Good morning, friends!


I just wanted to let you know that I decided to put a few kits up in my Etsy shop today to make the Flat Iron Cover tutorial.

This way, if you don't want to go out in search of Insul-Bright or if you want pretty fabric but don't want to bother buying yardage, you can just order all the components pre-cut and ready to roll! I'll even make your bias tape for you. Easy peasy!

Photobucket

Here are a some of the fabrics I have here in my sewing room that you can pick from. (Christine, did that sentence just make you cringe?)

Anna Maria Horner:
Photobucket

Valori Wells:
Photobucket

Heather Bailey:
Photobucket

The kits are $4 plus shipping (I think I can get them shipped for around $1.80) and include:
1 - 11"x6" piece of pretty fabric
1 - 11"x6" piece of Insul-Bright
1 - 11"x6" piece of white cotton muslin
1 - 6" long piece of 1/2" double fold bias tape

Also, this week only, I'll make flat iron covers and sell them in my Etsy shop for anyone who asks nicely. (But it's really fun to make them yourselves!!) Cost is $10 + $2 shipping.

(Think what a lovely gift this would make for a college student living in the dorms!)

Have a lovely Wednesday, friends!

15 comments:

Krista said...

I am so excited to see this post because I will be buying at least two covers from you! Once I get paid (next Wednesday) you can except an order or two. I spend a lot of time here and there any everywhere and it's such a pain transporting a hot flat iron and also a pain waiting for it to cool!

Christine said...

Dear, NOTHING makes me cringe anymore. My house is a wreck, I have three loads of laundry piled on my couches, there are multiple sewing projects piling up, and all I can do is sit coughing my lungs out, making it through contractions.

Sorry, I'll stop being beastly. I think the kit idea is lovely, btw. You have many pretty fabrics. Love.

nouthda!

Living Happily Ever After said...

I love these and would love to have one! I clicked the link to purchase one in your etsy shop, but I am not able to get it to work...not sure if it's Etsy or the link. Anyhow, I can't even sew on a button so I certainly don't need a kit (That has disaster written all over it!), BUT I would love to buy one already made! How do I go about doing this?

Kara
karam.kirk@gmail.com

monkey_girl03 said...

I LOVE the kit idea! This is a product I definitely have to have - I hate having to wait for it to cool down to pack it. Sadly, my flat iron is about 3 inches wide, so the pieces aren't going to be big enough for me. Still think it's a great idea though! And if you are willing to make bigger ones...sign me up!

Raechel said...

Kara - Etsy is down right now. We can bypass that and order through email and Paypal. Emailing you now.

Monkey-girl03 - A larger size is no problem. Just email me me dimensions of your iron (length and largest circumference) and I'll be glad to make a kit to fit! :)

Sarah Robbins said...

Love, love, love the fabrics. Too bad I'm not talented enough to use a flat iron, or I would order one! I love the idea of you selling kits, though- you should do more of that. :)

Sarah-Anne said...

awesomeness! your Etsy business is reallyyy taking off; I'm proud of you in a non stalkerish way. :)

Charlene Austin said...

Would you please please consider shipping to Canada? Your neighbors to the north and a big fan of your blog!

Raechel said...

Charlene - Since you asked so nicely! :) Email me your order and I'll figure out shipping. Glad to accommodate my lovely norther neighbors!!! :)

Carey Dunlop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carey Dunlop said...

Have to say I am totally jealous of all your lovely fabrics. Do you do most of your fabric shopping at sew fresh, or do you have other favorites?

Anonymous said...

Quick question... what skill level would you rate this project? Beginner, some experience needed, experience, expert, etc.
Thanks!

Raechel said...

Anonymous - I think I'd rate this as beginner - with some experience needed. As long as you can sew several straight lines, you're good to go! I'd definitely recommend buying store-bought bias tape or ordering a kit if you're intimidated by bias tape making though.

Anonymous said...

Okay! Thanks! I just took my first sewing lesson and I showed the lady the tutorial of the hair straightener/curling iron cover and she said we should make that after a few more lessons! Thanks for posting all these great, simple projects for us beginner sewers!

Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.