16 April 2011

Great news, y'all! Garage sale season is upon us and the bargains are on!


If you are a long time reader of Finding My Feet you may remember the summers of 2009 and 2010 when I so faithfully reported to you all the great little finds I found thrifting my way around Franklin on Saturday mornings.

Today was the first day I'd ventured out yet this season. It was a big neighborhood sale - one that I make a point to show up for every Spring and Fall. I went with my Mom and sister (and Rowan), so however hardcore we wanted to be, we were tempered by the needs of a nursing infant. (and boy is he worth it!)

We got started at 6:45 this morning. You can judge me for that. I judge me for that. Especially since I called Ryan at 9:15 and he reported to me that both kids were still sound asleep in their beds. I just gave up 2 1/2 hours of sleep to tromp around in the cold and rain to paw my way through other people's things.

I can't help it. It's the thrill of the chase.

Today I spent $7.50 and purchased six things. Here is my full report:

$1.00 - Baby Boden sweater dress and tights. I actually had this dress and tights in my Boden shopping cart for Hazel this winter but couldn't pull the trigger since it was about $50. This is a size 2/3, so I'll have to wait a bit, but for fifty cents each, I am wriggly with joy!

Photobucket

$3.00 - 12-18M pink PediPeds. Seriously in brand new condition. The Mom said her daughter wasn't walking yet when she fit in these shoes, so they hadn't hardly touched the ground. Another thing to grow into, but that day will be here before we know it!

Photobucket

$0.50 - silver Carters gladiator sandal. Great for summer dresses. Yay for cheap new shoes!

Photobucket

$1.00 - large pink bean bag. I suppose this would go to good use as-is, since it's in fantastic shape. But, I bought it with MADE's Rolie Polie pattern in mind. I have some striped Ikea fabric that I've been wanting to use to make two small bean bags for the play room, but I didn't have a plan for the filling. Paying $1 for all of that great bean bag filling makes me very happy!

Photobucket

And, my Tuck-and-Run deal of the day:

$2.00 - Summer Infant video baby monitor set. Not a joke. Bout peed my pants. Currently retailing on Amazon for $175. I have been wanting one of these since Hazel was born but, again, just couldn't bring myself to shell out the cash. And, they work great! We've already been having a fun time with it at the Myers home.

Photobucket

So, that's the run-down. Have any of y'all done any garage saleing yet this year? Any great bargains?

31 comments:

Beth @ Snaps Of Our Life said...

Great finds! Wow!

No garage sales yet - just snowed here this morning (again).

I'm going to be searching for 4-6T clothes for my oldest for school in the fall, a dresser or two, and 2T clothes for my youngest.

Hopefully I can get some good deals like you got today!

Andrea said...

Wow! Those are some amazing deals! I just got a similar monitor as a shower gift and it cost way over $100! Good for you! I've missed your yard sale posts, keep them coming!

The Robbins & Co said...

I cannot believe the deals you grab each time! Trying not to be jealous...I think I need to find the right neighborhood that gets rid of fancy nice stuff like that for $2!!

Sarah Robbins said...

I went out for the first time today, too. A local church does a free sale, so I scored a flat screen computer monitor that we needed to replace ours that recently broke. And a ceiling fan for our nursery. Then at another garage sale, I found an adorable vintage crib for a friend! It inspired me to get up early on more Saturdays to come!

keight dukes said...

we cant be friends anymore. the boden dress and monitor i cannot overlook.

Nicole said...

Wow, these buys are awesome! I can't believe someone would sell that monitor for 2 bucks!

Also, super jealous of the Pediped shoes, love them!

Erin said...

ARE YOU KIDDING.. who on earth would sell that monitor for that price.. i would feel bad buying it for that price ha ha what a great deal for you.

All your deals are amazing. We are having a garage sale next weekend and I can not wait!

Sarah-Anne said...

you actually make me want to go yard sale-ing again. and trust me, that takes alot. i'm scarred for life.

Brookeanne said...

Great job! I hit my first one yesterday and made out like a bandit with some adorable maternity clothes $.50-$1.00! I was ecstatic! Also some really inexpensive girl clothes I probably didn't need, but the deals were too good and it will be nice for our newest little girl to have some of her own clothes for pictures ;-)! Can't wait to to to more!!! I'm excited for you to share your next adventure!!!

Ashley said...

I remember reading your other garage sale posts and being sick with jealousy and it is no different now! I have that same monitor and DEFINITELY paid more than two bucks for it. I haven't been garage sale-ing yet this year but I fear I will never find any as good as the ones you find! I could just WEEP over those silver gladiators!!!

Kate said...

I love these posts! I need to find somewhere around I live to do this. My sister was inspired by your post and did one of her own the other day. http://www.kentandmicaela.com

Belknap Blog said...

*Green w/ envy* This is the part where my 4 year old would remind me not to covet. I LOVE garage saleing but my "tuck & run" deals are never as great as yours!

Definitely keep these posts coming as I love sharing in the joy!

We went to our 1st garage sale of the year on Thursday and I got much needed clothes for my little girl.

Micaela said...

And I'm Kate's sister. :) I'm obsessed with your garage sale finds! Who in their right mind would sell that monitor for only $2!?!?! So nice of them! I'm going to copy this idea from you all summer, but I doubt my finds will be as good as yours.

Melanie Eccles said...

eeeeee!!!! I can't wait to start garage sale season!

Erin said...

Girl, you're killing me! I have absolutely no luck with garage sales down here. Everyone's so stingy with their prices for the really nice things, and some are super stingy with their junk! I have better luck with consignment shops, but maybe I'll have more luck this season! Great finds!

Erin

And Then There Was 6 said...

I am soooo glad you started the garage sale posts again. They are so inspiring. Nothing like being thrifty.

House of Collinsworth said...

Seriously...you must have stepped into a lunatic's yard!!! Why in the world would anyone sell that for $2.00!? I would be tempted to turn around and sell it for a profit! ;o)

Michelle Y. said...

Yeaahhh your garage sale posts are back, I missed them so much. I love a good garage sale as well, but I just wish I had as good luck as you do :)

Sarah said...

I passed several yard sales yesterday on my way to work. It was like the whole street was in on it and our house missed the memo. I instantly thought of you when I saw it.

Chantelle said...

wow! I may need to venture out and do garage sales this year. You make it look so hopeful! haha. Its still snowing where I live, so hopefully soon it will clear up and garage sale season will begin :)
I would love to be able to get great deals like that and blog my success like you. I feel a challenge coming on!!

Kaira said...

I'm so glad you are doing this again this year - I've always enjoyed these posts. I went to my first big sale of the year yesterday. I spent nearly $150 but that's pretty typical for this sale and I came home with TONS of stuff. I go with a list and I stick to it. This is my must-do shopping for the year. The rest of the season I hunt for great finds but this is one-stop shopping for me.

I love all of your finds - I'm going to hop a flight to Nashville sometime. :)

Shandell said...

video monitor for $2?! that's insane! great find, you've inspired me to go garage sale-ing!

Unknown said...

Those are great deals....the monitor for $2 is amazing!

Herrington Photography said...

Woah! Great finds. I went yesterday and spent $6 and came home with a Hamilton Beech hand mixer with all attachments, a Memory Game, a wisk and ladle for our camper, cute metal signs for our garden, a water bottle, several picture frames, a christmas table cloth and a Topsy Turvey. A couple of these were in "free" boxes, but I'm still sooo happy with my haul. I might just have to blog about it too.

Gill Family said...

I LOVE these posts, please be careful with video monitors... I dont know if its true, but I had family tell me that outside sources can pick up the video feed from outside your home.... and watch your kids/see when you arnt home etc... like I said, not sure if its true or not, but be careful :)

Sara @ Mom Endeavors said...

Holy great finds, Batman! :) I'm in love with those pink shoes. If only I had a little girl to put them in! :) LOL! That is some FANTASTIC garage-saling!!!

Brittany said...

daaaang, girl! How is garage sale season there in June? (I'll be around the area) I'm totally going with you!! LOL no joke!!

Brittney said...

AMAZING! Yeah for good deals!

Beth said...

SO glad you started garage sale-ing again! Awesome finds - had the exact same tights in my Boden shopping cart this winter and just couldn't do it! This weekend I did score 1 free people {cute cute} top, 1 Loft sweater, 1 fossil dress, 1 jcrew cashmere cardigan, and 50-75 adorable christmas cards for next year for $4! And since reading your blog, I always say "tuck and run find of the day". LOVE!

Michelle @ Twig said...

So so excited for more of these posts! Hope to find some good things at yard sales in my area too!

Molly @ Me and Madeline said...

Yay! I love your garage sale posts! I scored a go gaga diaper bag for $3 last week - and resold it on Ebay for $73! The cash from my flip is funding Will's nursery renovations! :)